Saturday 27 October 2012

Measuring, Cutting, Sewing......

I have had such fun the last 24 hours. I started yesterday afternoon and made these 2 cushion covers. Got all enthused with the finished product so lastnight after dinner and with the beloveds watching a movie, I comandeered the dining room table and cut away to my hearts content. This snapshot was this morning. Five cushion fronts and you cannot see them underneath but also the cushion backs. I have just overlocked and hemmed the backs and took a wee break before I attach fronts and backs. The cushions in the photo are a lovely heavy linen and I recently acquired a lot of needlecord, so have done the backs in this. The floral front you can see are an old vintage linen remnant I had in my 'crafty closet'. I purchased recently some really lovely feather cushion inners. They make the cushion feel so lovely, soft and springy. Hhhmmmm, the knitting has not grown much in the past couple of days. Maybe later tonight I shall do a few rows, but top of the list is to finish these 5 cushions. Off to pin and sew!

1 comment:

  1. wowee what a awesome blog! This has inspired me to pick up the old twigs and twine to begin the ol past time of a stitch with a stick!

    Go Rubi Mac!

    ReplyDelete