Thursday 25 October 2012

Happy Day

 This is the view I enjoyed for the past week or so. Yes, a tropical South Pacific Island, and that water was oh so warm. This is the view from the room we were in. Came back to a much chillier climate but when I look at this picture I can transport back in my mind.
And to keep us ever hopeful, some summer fruits are starting to appear. 'Baby Girl' is back home for a brief respite from Uni'. Her first stop after being home was the supermarket to buy ingredients for a fresh fruit salad. Things that uni' students cannot afford on a regular basis. Home for 4 nights R and R before she heads back for intense study and exams.
My happy day today consisted of going to a quilter friends place this morning who offers patchwork tutoring. J is getting me going again on completing a UFO quilt. Picked it up after about a 3 to 4 year gap. Determined to finish it before I start another and really, really want to get it done this side of Christmas.It is a 'quilt as you go' which I had never done before. The morning passed ever so quickly.
Photo's will follow.
I also received a lovely wee gift from a 'crafty' friend but will blog about this another time soon. Pillow is calling and I have a row and a half of my knitted blanket to finish before my night is complete. Yawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment