Monday 8 October 2012

Boring Me!

Well, what else can I call myself as I start a blog and then leave it alone? I have to admit though that is partly because it is something new I am to learn about. Also, I have been coming in late at night and by then I am nearly 'brain-dead' and struggling for inspiration. So, nothing ventured, nothing gained and I guess I will learn along the way. not to mention probably make lots of mistakes.
So what have I been up to? Knitting wherever and whenever possible. I have sorted the stash space, got the machine set up for sewing BUT knitting is so portable! I am away next week on an Pacific island holiday and YES my knitting will go with me. Be sad if it rains but hey I will be happy. And afterall 'knitting is my yoga'. I feel centred if I get to knit everyday.
Now, I see an important part of blogs seems to be photos. I love to look at the photos on the blogs that I follow. I shall share a photo of my current projects.
So, above is purple merino/silk cardigan awaiting its 3 buttons, teddybear cardigan in cashmerino awaiting buttons and completion of embroidered teddy eyes and snout, 3 done 3 to go. They are on the back of the cardi' as well. Green square baby blanket in pure wool awaiting embroidered daisies. Can you see one peeping above the teddy bear cardigan? In the middle is another baby blanket in pure wool that is cabled and double sided so no wrong side. Both sides are cabled. Doesn't show too well in photo but the colours are multi and rich in oranges/pinks/reds. When I get  bit further along I will photograph it on its own. Peeping from top left is a completed double wrap cowl in ever so soft and light kid mohair and silk. Yes I do finish things, I just love variety! I have made this for my Mum for when we visit her in the Northern Hemisphere at Christmastime. Didn't follow a pattern just cast on so many stitches and did 3 x 3 rib. Must away and get started on the chore list. Back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment