Monday 19 November 2012

Summer is Just Around the Corner!

Yes I know this now, that I have witnessed the first flowers on the pohutukawa trees on my walk. Up and out early today as I have a list a 'mile' long of chores to be done today, and if I didn't get that walk in this morning it probably wouldn't happen at all.
This is what the flower buds look like before they bloom.
This is what they look like when they bloom. But ........
......they will look their very best when in full flower and from a distance. See the first flush of red. The tuis are happy.....and so are the bees. Our neighbour has beehives and apparently the bees get very busy on the local pohutukawa's even tho' we live in a built up area, and make the most beautiful pohutukawa honey. Such delights!
I couldn't resist another of this view (probably posted before, and will be again). The sea was blue-blue today and so calm. A perfect day for fishing I would guess.
I must away and make a dent in the chore list. I would love to share a glimpse of the crafty things I have been working on, but no time today. I will though soon. When I get home later I am making plum sauce for a Christmas stall for the service club I belong to. They are the last bag of frozen plums, picked off our plum tree in the hills, before we moved to be beside the sea. Plum tree planted here but just a babe and no plums for a season or two I would assume. If those bees get busy, maybe sooner. Have a very grand day!





No comments:

Post a Comment